Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Box


I often find myself wishing the spirit was tangible. That way, I could grab it and put it in a box. I would take that box everywhere I went and show it to all those who would be willing to feel it. I would love to see the look on people's faces as the spirit overwhelmed them. I think, if we had that type of immediate proof people would listen. People would believe. But life doesn't work out that way. We have to work to open the box. And only after we pry and it, and work our fingers under the cardboard, when we have that sure desire that faith - The box will open. I think in that moment we realize even though our fingers hurt from our previous efforts, the box will only become easier to open from then on. And eventually, if we have continually worked and tried... the box will open whenever we need it to.

But of course. The box was always that easy to open... you just need to believe it can.

No comments:

Post a Comment