Thursday, August 13, 2009

Julie & Julia

Today I got home from watching Julie & Julia. 
It was so perfect in it's simplicity. I left the movie feeling fully satisfied, like I had just finished a piece of cake. I wasn't so full that I felt sick to my stomach; but I wasn't left wishing I had eaten more. 
Not only that but it gave me a little bit of pride for writing a blog. Julie wrote her blogs with no viewers at all. Of course later she had thousands of viewers, something that is highly unlikely to happen in my circumstance. However, I feel deeply content with writing to no one. 
I look at writing these blogs like a journal. A public diary that I will never erase or delete.
Though my dark secrets are not written down, what goes through my mind is. And that is high exposer to me.

Just knowing someone could read my thoughts... my strange and obscure opinions, keeps this log on the tip of my tongue.

I have to speak. I have to write.

1 comment:

  1. It is so weird to go back in time in your life before you had actual FANS. "Of course later she had thousands of viewers, something that is highly unlikely to happen in my circumstance." how does it feel now? I think sometimes it is best to have an audience and sometimes it is best not to. I hope you keep a tangible diary at home so you can keep some thoughts to yourself. You may need that one day when you get tired of all the attention.

    ReplyDelete